"I usually expect to see positive change in a client's sleep pattern within 7-14 days. This transformation gives people a whole new outlook on life." Giles Norbury, Sleep Consultant and Workshop Leader
Do you have a sleep problem that's affected you for over 3 months?
Would you like to solve this problem without taking medication?
The technique we teach is recognised by the NHS, NICE and other leading health authorities around the world as the most effective way to improve sleep - for both depth and quantity. It has a 75% success rate and does not involve taking any sleep medication.
- A set of 3 Workshops where you will learn "Best Practice" for sleep management
- 6 hours of guidance and support from sleep consultant, Giles Norbury
- Change in sleep pattern is usually seen within 7-14 days
- Sleep Diary 1: how to record your sleep
- Why sleep is so important for our physical and mental health
- How sleep changes with age
- How much sleep do you need?
- How do sleep problems start & why they perpetuate
- The Circadian Rhythm - your natural body clock
- Lark, Owl, Swift or Dodo - which are you?
- Sleep hygiene
- Stimuli and other lifestyle factors
- Sleep Diary 2: Interpreting the results
- Changing your routine to break the habit
- How to build sleep pressure
- Managing stress, anxiety and the racing mind
- Sleep Diary 3: Review, adjustment and reinforcement
- Group discussion of progress and issues
- Returning to a normal sleep pattern
- Shiftwork and Jetlag
- Addressing other sleep related conditions:
- Sleep apnoea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep behaviour disorder (moving, sometimes violently, during sleep)
- Nightmares, Sleep walking
- Night terrors
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
How do I know if these workshops are right for me?
We'll always be glad to talk to you by telephone if you have any questions prior to registering. Alernatively, after you've registered your place on the workshop, we send you assessment forms to all applicants. You will need to send this back to us for review and if we have any concerns, we will telephone you to discuss any queries. We will then mutually agree whether the workshops are appropriate for you and if not, what alternative action may be best for you.
I experienced events in my past that I think are behind my sleep problem, but I don't want to discuss in a group
That's perfectly OK - we won't encourage anyone to discuss such matters if they don't want to.
I am currently seeing another therapist, does this matter?
It is now recommended that mental health conditions and sleep are treated at the same time. Sleep is known to be a big influencer of mood and so this can only help, though we may tailor our recommendations for you depending on your current situation.
I am currently seeking help from my doctor for my sleep, does this matter?
Doctors are experts in many areas, but with the best will in the world, sleep doesn't tend to be one of them. Furthermore, budget restrictions mean their only course of action is to prescribe medication which should be the step of last resort.
Under certain other medical circumstances, we are required to seek permission from your doctor in order to help and to do so, we will need your written permission.
What should I bring with me?
Just a pen, notepad and any refreshments you may want. You should also bring each week's sleep diary with you.
Will I need to do any homework?
Yes, but only in so far as following the guidelines and routines we discuss during the workshop.
Can you guarrantee a result?
Unfortunately not, but this technique has a proven success rate of 75% with long term results. That's a lot more than can be said of sleep medication.
What's your refund policy?
We have a no quibbles refund policy up to 7 days before the event (7 days including the day of the first workshop). No questions asked. The ticket price becomes non-refundable at the start of the first workhop of the set.
Upon receipt of your registration, we will email you a questionnaire about your health and background. We'll ask you to return this to us in advance of the workshop so that we can assess if it is appropriate for you. We will contact you to discuss any queries and if we are all in agreement that this may not be the best option for you, we will refund your money at any point prior to the start of the course.
Is my ticket transferable?
Yes, why not? We just ask that you let us know the name and contact details of the person 7 days in advance so that we can send and review their sleep questionnaire.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Unfortunately not - we will need advance notice of any change in attendees (see above).